Presentation Skills for Designers
Nationally Accredited Course
Nationally recognised course
Online – for students all over Australia
This is a nationally accredited course, and upon successful completion students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
This course is focused on the selection of products and materials for kitchens and bathrooms and the development of material boards, concept boards and mood boards. Learn SketchUp as a communication tool to present 3D design concepts to clients.
If you would like further information on any of our accredited courses including cost, dates and enrolment form, please contact us.
- Designers wanting to expand their design presentation skills
- Those wanting a career change wanting to get started in the industry
- Those working in the home improvement sector eg tile shops
- Those working in a family business combining design with administration
- Those working in a retail environment
- Sales or specification roles in the building and construction industry
This course is delivered to students all over Australia by distance education. This is a combination of online learning and remote private classes where a trainer logs into your computer.
The course is delivered part time over 12 weeks (12 hours per week) or full time over 6 weeks (24 hours per week).
- Convenient learning from home, work or your preferred place of study
- Flexible study mode to suit busy lifestyles
- Once downloaded you can keep the resources for life
- Learning support with your trainer is available one on one either by phone or by booking a private online class
- This course includes 2 units of competency which are nationally accredited
Enrolment into this course is by direct entry.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants are issued with a Statement of Attainment for 2 nationally accredited units of competency.
These units can be used as direct credit for a range of Nationally Accredited courses such as the Diploma of Interior Design, the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration and the Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be residing in Australia or New Zealand
- Must not have a Student Visa
- Year 10 (or equivalent) level English and basic maths calculations and measurements
- Computer literate in basic Microsoft or equivalent programs
when can i start?
Course start dates
For our accredited courses, we generally have an intake each month. These dates have been confirmed for 2023:
- 6th March
- 3rd April
- 8th May
Please note that you should aim to have the enrolment form completed the week prior to allow time for processing.
The Course Outline should be reviewed prior to enrolment and includes further information about course structure, units of competency, timeframes, costs and resources required.
This course is focused on learning presentation techniques as a communication tool to present design concepts including physical and electronic material boards.
- the elements of principles of design
- the selection of appropriate materials and colours
- presentation of selections using both physical and electronic methods
- convey your materials selections creating material, concept and or mood boards using SketchUp
- SketchUp to produce 3D design concepts of a kitchen and a bathroom design
This course includes the following nationally accredited units of competency:
CUADES302 Explore and apply the creative process to 2D forms
MSFID4015 Prepare materials and finishes boards for client presentation
Students will also learn how to use 3D CAD as a presentation technique to convey materials selections and to create a 3D kitchen and bathroom from our designs.
For a detailed list of resources required as a student of this course, please contact DTA for the Course Outline