Design Presentation Skills for Kitchens, Bathrooms and Interiors
Online – for students all over Australia
This is a nationally accredited course, and upon successful completion students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
This course is focused on the selection of products and materials for kitchens and bathrooms and the development of material boards, concept boards and mood boards. It draws on the elements of principles of design to select appropriate materials and colours and present selections on both physical and electronic methods. 3D CAD is used as a communication tool to present to clients.
Course Structure and Outcomes
This course includes the following nationally accredited units of competeny:
BSBDES302 Explore and apply the creative process to 2D forms
MSFID4015 Prepare a materials board for client presentation
It also includes 3D CAD for Kitchens and Bathrooms using Sketchup to produce concept drawings, renders and video fly-throughs.
Upon successful completion of this course students can gain a Statement of Attainment which can then be used as direct credit for a range of nationally accredited courses such as the Diploma of Interior Design, the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration or the Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design.
They can also enrol directly into the Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design (MSF40318) with DTA with full credit for the units completed and the fees already paid.
Delivery Mode and Duration
This course is delivered to students all over Australia by distance education. This is a combination of online learning and remote private classes where a trainer logs into your computer.
The course is delivered part time over 12 weeks or full time over 6 weeks.
- This course is multi-modal with a combination of distance (online) learning and remote private classes
- Convenient learning from home, work or your preferred place of study
- Flexible study mode to suit busy lifestyles
- Easy to follow online and printable resources
- Learning support available by private phone tutorials and private remote classrooms
- Nationally accredited course and industry recognised qualification throughout Australia
- Suitable for those with no industry experience and those with years of experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be residing in Australia
- Year 10 (or equivalent) level English and basic maths calculations and measurements
- Computer literate in basic Microsoft or equivalent programs
Course Start Dates
We generally take enrolments on the first Monday of the month. The following dates have been confirmed: 5th July, 2nd August and the 6th September. Please note that you should aim to have the enrolment form completed the week prior to allow time for processing.