Design Custom Cabinetry for Interior Spaces
Online – for students all over Australia
This is a nationally accredited course, and upon successful completion students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
This course focuses on the design and documentation of ancillary areas which feature built in cabinetry such as wardrobes, studies, entertainment areas and other miscellaneous storage. It covers the site evaluation and documentation of site conditions, and the design, selections and presentation of concepts using 3D CAD renders and walk throughs and the production of orthographic drawings for kitchens and bathrooms using 2D CAD including floorplans, elevations, sections and mechanical plans which meet the drafting standards, AS1100 and industry specific practices relating to the kitchen and bathroom industry.
Course Structure and Outcomes
This course includes the following nationally accredited units of competeny:
MSFFM3011 Measure and draw site layout for manufactured furniture products
MSFID4014 Produce digital models and documentation for interior design projects
MSFKB4011 Design ancillary residential cabinetry
It also includes:
2D CAD for Kitchens and Bathrooms to produce orthographic drawings, including floorplans, elevations, sections and mechanical plans. This focusses on the application of Australian drafting standards specific to kitchens and bathrooms.
3D CAD for Kitchens and Bathrooms to produce concept drawings, renders and video fly-throughs.
Upon successful completion of this course students can gain a Statement of Attainment which can then be used as direct credit for a range of nationally accredited courses such as the Diploma of Interior Design, the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration or the Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design.
They can also enrol directly into the Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design (MSF40318) with DTA with full credit for the units completed and the fees already paid.
Delivery Mode and Duration
This course is delivered to students all over Australia by distance education. This is a combination of online learning and remote private classes where a trainer logs into your computer.
The course is delivered part time over 18 weeks or full time over 9 weeks .
- This course is multi-modal with a combination of distance (online) learning and remote private classes (no attendance is required)
- Convenient learning from home, work or your preferred place of study
- Flexible study mode to suit busy lifestyles
- Easy to follow online and printable resources
- Learning support available by private phone tutorials and private remote classrooms
- Nationally accredited course and industry recognised qualification throughout Australia
- Suitable for those with no industry experience and those with years of experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be residing in Australia
- Year 10 (or equivalent) level English and basic maths calculations and measurements
- Computer literate in basic Microsoft or equivalent programs
Course Start Dates
We generally take enrolments on the first Monday of the month. The following dates have been confirmed: 5th July, 2nd August and the 6th September. Please note that you should aim to have the enrolment form completed the week prior to allow time for processing.