Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design
Online – for students all over Australia.
This is a nationally accredited course, and upon successful completion students will be issued with a nationally accredited qualification.
The Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design (Nationally recognised course code MSF40318) is the only specialised qualification in Australia for professionals designing kitchens, bathrooms and other residential spaces which feature built in cabinetry in residential homes.
- Designer for a kitchen manufacturer, cabinet maker or builder
- Designer for a bathroom renovation specialist
- Work in a family business combining design with administration
- Run your own business as an independent designer
- Work in a retail environment
- Sales or specification roles in the building and construction industry
Delivery Mode and Duration
This course is delivered to students all over Australia by distance education. This is a combination of online learning and remote private classes where a trainer logs into your computer.
The course is delivered part time over 12 months (12 hours per week) or full time over 6 months (24 hours per week). Students can progress at their own pace and if they have more time available they could finish earlier.
- Convenient learning from home, work or your preferred place of study
- Flexible study mode to suit busy lifestyles
- Easy to follow online and printable resources
- Learning support available by private phone tutorials and private remote classrooms
- Nationally accredited course and industry recognised qualification throughout Australia
At the end of this course, students are equipped to design and prepare documentation for residential spaces including kitchens, bathrooms, wardrobes and studies and have general knowledge in other areas that include built in cabinetry.
The course covers the following areas of kitchen and bathroom design:
- Initial Enquiry
- Design services
- Design fees
- Design services
- Design Brief
- Product + lifestyle + other needs
- Gather and analyse
- Client requirements
- Site Evaluation
- Forms + checklists
- Observe + analyse site conditions
- Standards for documentation
- Design Development
- Ideation + problem solving
- Function + spatial planning
- Selections + aesthetics
- Initial Presentation
- Presentation techniques
- Computer Aided Design (2D and 3D CAD)
- Client feedback + variations
- Refine & finalise documentation
- Standards for documentation (AS1100 + industry)
- Technical drawings
- Procurement & Contract
- Pricing + Estimating
- Contract documentation
- Trades + sequencing
- Project plan work
Pathways from other qualifications
If you have completed a qualification or other accredited training, you may be able to apply for Credit Transfers as your Elective Units in this course.
- Certificate IV in Interior Decoration
- Certificate IV in Design
- Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Please note that all applications for Credit Transfer will be considered individually based on your actual circumstances. You can contact DTA to have your documentation (Record of Results or Statement of Attainment) reviewed for potential Credit Transfer.
- Suitable for those with no industry experience and those with years of experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be residing in Australia
- Must not have a Student Visa
- Year 10 (or equivalent) level English and basic maths calculations and measurements
- Computer literate in basic Microsoft or equivalent programs
Course Start Dates
We generally take enrolments on the first Monday of the month. The following dates have been confirmed: 5th July, 2nd August and the 6th September. Please note that you should aim to have the enrolment form completed the week prior to allow time for processing.
The Course Outline should be reviewed prior to enrolment and includes further information about course structure, units of competency, timeframes, costs and resources required please Download Course Outline here and/or contact us.