Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design
Online – for students all over Australia.
The Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design (Nationally recognised course code MSF40318) is the only specialised qualification in Australia for professionals designing kitchens, bathrooms and other residential spaces which feature built in cabinetry.
- Designer for a kitchen manufacturer, cabinet maker or builder
- Designer for a bathroom renovation specialist
- Work in a family business combining design with administration
- Run your own business as an independent designer
- Work in a retail environment
- Sales or specification roles in the building and construction industry
Delivery Mode and Duration
This course is delivered to students all over Australia by distance education. This is a combination of online learning and remote private classes where a trainer logs into your computer.
The course is delivered part time over 12 months (with 18 months to complete) or full time over 6 months (with 9 months to complete). Students can progress at their own pace and can finish in a shorter time or can take some breaks and use the additional time provided.
- This course is multi-modal with a combination of distance (online) learning and remote private classes
- Convenient learning from home, work or your preferred place of study
- Flexible study mode to suit busy lifestyles
- Easy to follow online and printable resources
- Learning support available by private phone tutorials and private remote classrooms
- Nationally accredited course and industry recognised qualification throughout Australia
At the end of this course, students are equipped to design and prepare documentation for residential spaces including kitchens, bathrooms, wardrobes, entertainment areas, studies and have general knowledge in other areas that include built in cabinetry.
The course covers the following areas of kitchen and bathroom design:
- Initial Enquiry
- Design services
- Design fees
- Design services
- Design Brief
- Product + lifestyle + other needs
- Gather and analyse
- Client requirements
- Site Evaluation
- Forms + checklists
- Observe + analyse site conditions
- Standards for documentation
- Design Development
- Ideation + problem solving
- Function + spatial planning
- Selections + aesthetics
- Initial Presentation
- Presentation techniques
- Computer Aided Design (2D and 3D CAD)
- Client feedback + variations
- Refine & finalise documentation
- Standards for documentation (AS1100 + industry)
- Technical drawings
- Procurement & Contract
- Pricing + Estimating
- Contract documentation
- Trades + sequencing
- Project plan work
Pathways from other qualifications
If you have completed a qualification or other accredited training, you may be able to apply for Credit Transfers as your Elective Units in this course.
- Certificate IV in Interior Decoration
- Certificate IV in Design
- Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Please note that all applications for Credit Transfer will be considered individually based on your actual circumstances. You can contact DTA to have your documentation (Record of Results or Statement of Attainment) reviewed for potential Credit Transfer.
- Suitable for those with no industry experience and those with years of experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be residing in Australia
- Must not have a Student Visa
- Year 10 (or equivalent) level English and basic maths calculations and measurements
- Computer literate in basic Microsoft or equivalent programs
Fees and Payments
The full cost of this course is $6,300 which includes an administration fee of $375 plus course fees of $5,925.
The administration fee is paid at the time of enrolment and all course fees are paid by Payment Plan over the course duration (eg for a part time enrolment fees are paid over 12 months, either once per month, twice per month or quarterly).
Course Start Dates
We generally take enrolments on the first Monday of the month. The following dates have been confirmed:
7th December 2020, 11th January 2021, 8th February 2021, 8th March 2021. Please note that you should aim to have the enrolment form completed the week prior to allow time for processing.