About the course
This course is designed for:
- sales consultants looking for design skills to assist them to sell their products
- product specifiers and industry sales representatives (eg working in tile retailers or plumbing suppliers)
- renovators planning their own bathroom
Using a range of predetermined cabinets, fixtures, fittings and finishes, you will gain skills and knowledge to plan a bathroom to suit the space within a home.
Course duration and delivery
Duration: Self paced – 12 weeks is recommended, allowing 3-4 hours per week. (Once you have commenced you have 6 months to complete the course.)
Delivery: Distance learning
Module 1: Bathroom styles and trends
- The evolution of the bathroom layout
- Influences from a global market
- Architecture and the influence on bathrooms
- How to complement architectural features in homes
- How to incorporate current styles and trends into bathrooms
Module 2: Colour, lighting and finishes
- Basic colour psychology
- The impact of light and colour
- Adequately lighting a space
- Traditional, classic and contemporary colour schemes and finishes
- Eclectic styling – integrating alternate finishes in a modular system
Module 3: Design communication
- Identifying product and lifestyle requirements of the bathroom
- Prioritising the project goals
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Presentation skills to communicate the bathroom plan
Module 4: Introduction to bathroom construction
- The sequence of trade work
- Timelines in the renovation process
- Checks for quality control
- Note – this module is an introduction and does not cover legal codes and standards
Module 5: Bathroom planning
- Site analysis including accurate measuring and reviewing existing services
- The 5 most popular bathroom shapes
- Pro forma bathroom layouts highlighting advantages and disadvantages
- Clearances and safety requirements in the planning process
- Bathroom function zones
- Space planning and ergonomics
Learner Resources: Upon course commencement you will receive access to electronic learner resources that have been developed by leading design professionals to provide a stimulating learning process. Each module is made available to you after
the completion of the previous module project.
Other Resources: You will need to have access to a computer with Microsoft Office or equivalent and a high speed internet connection. General stationary items including pens, pencils, notebook, ruler and tape measure are recommended.
All trainers are experienced and qualified bathroom designers with broad skills and knowledge in design and the home improvement sector.
Projects and feedback
At the conclusion of each module, you complete a project and submit to your trainer for review. Your trainer will provide you with feedback to give guidance on aspects that are well executed and/or opportunities for development.
Support and advice
Our Student Support team offer a range of options for assistance. You can make contact during business hours via phone, or email to log a request for assistance, guidance and feedback.
Courses commence on the first Tuesday of each month and registration needs to be finalised by the first Monday of the month.
Certificate of participation
All participants who complete and submit the project will receive a certificate of participation.
Cost $890 (Inc GST)
OR register for this course and Kitchen Planning at the same time for $1290 (Inc GST) Click here
Need more information?
If you require any further information regarding this course, please contact us and we would be happy to assist.