Online – flexible
About the course
This course is designed for:
This course provides the knowledge and develops the skill to be able to produce a 2D orthographic drawing of either a residential kitchen or bathroom or interior space using AutoCAD software.
Course duration and delivery
Duration: Self paced – 10 weeks is recommended, allowing 4 hours per week. (Once you have commenced you have 4 months to complete the course.)
Delivery: Private classes to allow for individual learning in 3 private tutorials (50 minutes each) where we access your computer remotely using TeamViewer. Private tutorials are spaced throughout the course to combine the benefit of one on one training with the flexibility and convenience of practice and application in your own time and place.
Module 1: Preparing for drawing
- Establishing the AutoCAD workspace
- Saving the drawing file
- Drawing fundamentals and command shortcuts
Module 2: Draw and modify tools
- Lines and shapes
- Line types and layers
- Modify tools
Module 3: Annotation tools
Module 4: Creating a room layout
- Creating walls
- Defining doors and openings
- Creating cabinetry and furnishings
- Add dimensions/annotations, assigning layers and hatching
- Symbols and legends
- Cross checking work for accuracy
Module 5: Presenting and printing
- Creating and saving a customised title block
- Presenting your drawing on a title block to scale
- Plotting/printing your drawing
- Emailing your drawing
- An educational version of AutoCAD is available for free for the duration of the course. (Details are provided upon course commencement).
- DTA provide electronic learner resources including notes and videos.
- Private classes are conducted using TeamViewer (free to download) where your trainer can access your computer remotely.
All trainers are experienced designers with broad skills and knowledge in CAD.
Projects and feedback
You can select one project from our sample drawings, choices include:
- DTA Kitchen Renovation
- DTA Bathroom Renovation
- DTA Interior Space Renovation
During each private class you will complete a part of the project with the view to having a completed drawing at the end of the course. You can utilise your private tutorials to gain progressive feedback or guidance on how to complete particular tasks within a module. You submit the project at the end of the course for your trainer to review and provide feedback.
Support and advice
Our Student Support team offer a range of options for assistance. You can make contact via phone or email to ask general questions or to book your 3 private tutorials with a specialist CAD trainer. CAD tutorials are available during business hours, Monday to Thursday. Limited spaces are available after hours by appointment.
Additional tutorials are available for purchase during your course enrolment period at $120 (Inc GST) per hour.
Private classes are booked directly with your trainer. CAD tutorials are available during business hours, Monday to Thursday. Limited spaces are available after hours by appointment. Registration needs to be finalised by the first Monday of the month and once you are registered you will be contacted to book your tutorial times.
Certificate of participation
All participants who complete and submit the project will receive a certificate of participation.
Cost $550 (Inc GST)
Need more information?
If you require any further information regarding this course, please contact us
and we would be happy to assist.