2D AutoCAD for Kitchens and Bathrooms
Online – flexible
About the course
- interior designers
- kitchen and bathroom designers
those with no knowledge in AutoCAD
OR those with some drafting knowledge wanting a refresher in AutoCAD for kitchens and bathrooms
Course duration and delivery
Delivery: Private classes to allow for individual learning in 3 private tutorials (50 minutes each) where we access your computer remotely using TeamViewer. Private tutorials are spaced throughout the course to combine the benefit of one on one training with the flexibility and convenience of practice and application in your own time and place.
- Establishing the AutoCAD workspace
- Saving the drawing file
- Drawing fundamentals and command shortcuts
2. Draw and modify tools
- Lines and shapes
- Line types and layers
- Modify tools
- Creating walls
- Defining doors and openings
- Creating cabinetry and furnishings
- Add dimensions/annotations, assigning layers and hatching
- Symbols and legends
- Cross checking work for accuracy
- Creating and saving a customised title block
- Presenting your drawing on a title block to scale
- Plotting/printing your drawing
- Emailing your drawing
- An educational version of AutoCAD is available for free for the duration of the course. (Details are provided upon course commencement).
- DTA provide electronic learner resources including notes and videos.
- Private classes are conducted using TeamViewer (free to download) where your trainer can access your computer remotely.
64 bit computer and a high speed internet connection.
- Must have a mouse with left and right click and a scroll wheel (this is required for both MAC and PC users)
Projects and feedback
- DTA Kitchen Renovation
- DTA Bathroom Renovation
The private classes allow the trainer to work closely with you to develop your skills and knowledge at a speed and style to suit your learning requirements. During each private class you will work through structured activities and encouraged to repeat and practice them between classes. You are also provided with a Companion Guide with visual prompts and notes as a helpful reference point. You can utilise your private classes to gain progressive feedback on the learning activities and then you have the option to submit a project at the end of the course for your trainer to review and provide feedback.
Support and advice
Certificate of participation
$550 (Inc GST)